Whether you are taking treats to your kids’ schools, having a Valentine party at home, making treats for a loved one, or just making yourself some yummy eats this Valentine’s Day; try some of these gluten-free ideas:
- Pink Pretzels – Mix melted white chocolate with pink (or a little red) food coloring to make the candy/chocolate coating. Then dip the pretzels in the chocolate, or drizzle the chocolate over the pretzels. Don’t forget to use gluten-free pretzels! We use Glutino brand.
- Fruit kabobs – Skewer fruit pieces on swizzle sticks, straws or coffee stirrers.
- Heart-shaped fruit – Use your heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out fruit slices. If you could find some good watermelon this time of year, it would look great!
- Jell-o jigglers or Knox blox – Make these with a red gelatin and then use cookie cutters to cut them into heart shapes.
- Rice Crispy Treats – Make sure you use a gluten-free crispy rice cereal. Kellog’s brand is not gluten-free. We buy Erewhon brand. Once you’ve made the treats, use heart-shaped cookie cutters to cut them out. Or, you can decorate them with frosting and sprinkles (gluten-free, of course). Or, do both.