We’re finishing up the month of Spring Vegetables theme at the Gluten-Free Menu Swap. This week I’m featuring watercress in my menu.
I had no idea that watercress had so much nutrition packed into those tangy, little round leaves! It is a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, anti-oxidants, calcium, manganese, and many other vitamins and minerals.
I found recipes for using watercress in soups, sauces, and salads. What are you doing with watercress?
Gluten-Free Watercress Recipe Links:
- Arugula, Watercress, and Goat Cheese Salad with Blackberry Vinaigrette (GF) @ Café Johnsonia
- Butternut Squash & Watercress Pasta (GF, DF, Vegan) @ Simply Gluten-Free
- Detox Watercress Sweet Potato Soup (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) @ Grace Cheetham
- Fennel, Orange, and Watercress Salad (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) @ Leite’s Culinaria
- Kale Watercress Fruit Smoothies (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) @ Vegetarian Mamma
- Salmon with Watercress Sauce (GF) @ Epicurious
- Scrumptious Watercress Salad (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) @ A Passion for Healthy Living
- Shrimp & Avocado Watercress Salad (GF, DF, Paleo) @ Gluten Free Lite
- Spring Watercress Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) @ Gourmadelle
- Watercress, Orange & Halloumi Salad (GF) @ Fig & Cherry
- Watercress and Potato Soup (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) @ The Vegan Society
- Watercress Pesto Pasta with Peas and Asparagus (GF) @ Gluten-Free Living
For more Spring Vegetable recipe links, check out our posts earlier this month and last year for:
- Gluten-Free Arugula recipe links
- Gluten-Free Endive recipe links
- Gluten-Free Kale recipe links
- Gluten-Free Peas recipe links
- Gluten-Free Radishes recipe links
- Gluten-Free Ramps recipe links
- Gluten-Free Radicchio recipe links
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Jambalaya with Chicken Apple Sausage, Green Beans
Tuesday – Grilled Chicken, Watercress Pesto Pasta with Peas and Asparagus
Wednesday – Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Roasted Potatoes, Sautéed Kale
Thursday – Eating Out
Friday – Shrimp & Avocado Watercress Salad
Saturday – Chicken Chili with Rice
Sunday – Chicken Tacos, Avocado Salsa
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo
More wonderful Paleo meal options for Melissa’s family this week. Starting with Clean Eating Slow Cooker Beef Stew, Steak, and Easy Paleo Meatballs. Then finishing the week with Spaghetti, Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowls, and Kielbasa and Cauliflower Stir-fry. Check out Mom’s Plans menu this week for lunch options and recipe links.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing more gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for gluten-free winter squash and other winter produce.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.