With the Fourth of July on Saturday, Watermelon seems like the perfect Summer Fruit for this week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap. Or is that just me? You know…It’s large size and juicy, refreshing flesh make it great to cut up and share at picnics, barbecues, parties, or other large gatherings for Independence Day, right?
It often shows up on Pinterest pages for 4th of July celebrations. Here’s mine: Red, White, and Blue Pinterest Board for the Fourth of July
And here are some great Gluten-Free Watermelon Recipes to try this week:
- Cucumber Watermelon Skinny Martini (GF, DF) at Simply Gluten-Free
- Grilled Corn, Watermelon, and Arugula Salad (GF, DF, Vegan) at Caras Kitchen
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Watermelon Pico de Gallo at Delight Gluten-Free
- Grilled Watermelon & Halloumi Stack with Cilantro Vinaigrette at Delight Gluten-Free
- Red White and Blue Watermelon Cake (GF, DF) at Brittany Angell
- Roast Chicken & Watermelon Salad (GF) at Gluten Free Yummy
- Strawberry Watermelon Mint Smoothie (GF, DF) at Gluten Free If You Please
- Watermelon Cherry Cooler (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) at One Green Planet
- Watermelon, Cucumber, and Basil Salad (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) at A Passion for Healthy Living
- Watermelon Sorbet (GF, DF, Vegan) at Gluten Free in SLC
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, and recipes with Watermelon from our gluten-free blogging friends.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Tuesday – Eating Out
Wednesday – Baked Ham, GF/DF Mac & Cheese, Steamed Broccoli
Thursday – Grilled Chicken, Corn and Black Bean Salad
Sunday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Menu
Angela is camping this week, and shares her gluten-free/dairy-free menu for camp. She’ll be having yummy watermelon along with a Foil Dinner with ham, potatoes, and cheese; Baked Potato with veggies; Walking Tacos (hamburger, cheese, lettuce, and salsa); Hot Dogs; Omelets; Pita Pizzas (pizza ingredients in gluten-free wraps); GF/DF Lasagna; Girl Scout Gumbo (hamburger, vegetable soup, cheese, onion, green pepper, and Fritos). Sounds like a tasty week at camp!
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for including Watermelon in meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus, recipes, and ideas for Cajun food, too.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.