Summer Veggies are on our menus this month for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap. Zucchini and Summer Squash are the featured vegetables this week.
I thought we’d give gardening a try this summer. Along with a few other veggie plants, we planted a zucchini plant and a summer squash plant a little late in the season. We checked on them every now and then, but didn’t expect much.
We got a few small, yellow summer squash, but didn’t get any zucchini. Or, so I thought. Imagine my surprise when my daughter found in the garden a zucchini bigger than a large eggplant! It must have been hiding all summer. It’s so huge, I’m not even sure how best to cut and cook it. ha!
In case you have some zucchinis that got ignored and grew too big this summer, too… I did some looking online and found some good ideas for cooking those giant zucchinis.
Alone in the Kitchen with… Zucchini @ Portland Press Herald
Giant Stuffed Zucchini @ epicurious
How to Cook Large Zucchini @ LiveStrong
How to Cook That Massive Zucchini… @ Bon Appétit
And some more Gluten-Free Zucchini and Summer Squash Recipes:
- Cinnamon Zucchini Bread (GF, DF) @ The Healthy Apple
- Gluten-Free Zucchini Fritters (GF, DF) @ Gluten Free on a Shoestring
- Minty Chicken Zucchini Kebobs (GF, DF, P) @ Nourishing Meals
- Sautéed Yellow Squash with Basil and Pine Nuts (GF) @ Food and Wine
- Socca Pizza with Summer Squash, Green Beans, and Pesto (GF) @ Salted Plains
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats (GF) @ Delicious Meets Healthy
- Summer Squash Tacos (GF, DF, V) @ Cookie + Kate
- Vegan Zucchini Gratin (GF, DF, V) @ Minimalist Baker
- Yellow Squash Casserole (GF) @ Frugal Antics
- Zucchini-Bacon Egg Muffins (GF) @ Greatist
GF = gluten-free; DF = dairy-free; P = paleo; V = vegan
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Tuesday – Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Rice
Wednesday –Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Thursday – leftovers
Friday – Baked Chicken Nuggets, Brussel Sprouts, Fries
Saturday – Chicken Apple Sausage
Sunday – Eating Out
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at Orgjunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.