Grapes is the theme for this week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap. Grapes are always an easy summertime snack. Just rinse and indulge in the sweet juicy fruit, right? I love to pack them in lunches and serve to kids for snacks. But I’ve always thought of them as a sweet treat, rather than a nutritious addition to meals. After doing some reading about grapes, I was surprised to find that they’re considered to be a beneficial berry fruit that’s low on the glycemic index scale. So, I’m buying a bunch this week and adding them to our salads, too.
The Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup will be included below. Don’t forget to check it for more gluten-free menus and recipe links.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Wednesday – Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Kale Chips
Thursday – Grilled Salmon, Cauliflower Rice, Cucumber Salad
Friday – Hamburgers, Rainbow Salad (with grapes instead of apples)
Sunday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Angela is also enjoying grapes in salads this summer. She’s putting them in fruit salads, pasta salads, and yummy Broccoli Salad. For dinner this week, she’s making Gluten and Dairy-Free Pizza, Citrus-Kissed Chicken Fingers, Garlic Lime Salmon, Spinach Burgers, and Coconut Lime Chicken.
My Extraordinary Life: Gluten-Free, Paleo Menu
Lisa’s son is already heading back to school this week, so stop by her blog to see what she’s sending with him for lunch and snacks. Family dinners will be Spaghetti and Sausage, Chicken Breasts with BBQ sauce, Balsamic Roasted Pork Loin, Oven-roasted Country-style BBQ Ribs, and Rib Roast.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth says she avoids grapes because of their reputation for pesticide residue, but does occasionally buy them if grown organically. When she does eat them, she likes them raw or frozen for a cool summer treat. Dinners at her house this week will be Meatloaf, Tomato Sandwiches, Shrimp Stir Fry, Melon Spinach Salad with Fish, Beans & Rice, and Pizza.
The Peaceful Mom: Simple Gluten-Free Menu
Kimberlee’s menu this week starts with GF Rotini and Easy Crockpot Pasta Sauce, Crustless Quiche, and Easy Chicken Stir-Fry. She then finishes up the week’s menu with BBQ Pepper Jack Bacon Burgers, London Broil, and Pork Chops.
Check back later to see if other gluten-free menus are linked up this week.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us again next week at CeliacFamily.com for more gluten-free meal ideas. Next week’s theme is Green Beans.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.