Here’s another dish I created to use up some leftover chicken. This time it was roasted or rotisserie chicken. No leftovers at your house? You can always cook a couple chicken breasts to add to the salad. Or, make it without the chicken at all.
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
12 oz. Gluten-Free Fusilli Pasta
1-1/2 Cups (about 9 oz.) Cooked Chicken, cut up in bite-size pieces
1-1/2 Cups (about 9 oz.) Greek Olives, pitted and cut in half
2 small Cucumbers, cut into chunks
2 medium Tomatoes, cut into wedges
6 to 8 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper, added to taste
3/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
Juice of one Lemon (about 3 Tbsp)
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp dried Oregano
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. (Schar Pasta directs to put the pasta into 4 quarts boiling water and boil for 8-10 minutes. When the pasta is al dente, drain the pasta and rinse with cold water.)
- Prepare the salad ingredients by cutting into bite-size pieces.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a cruet or jar with a lid, and shake it up thoroughly.
- Place the pasta and salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour about half the dressing over it, and toss to cover evenly. Chill in the refrigerator for a couple hours, or serve at room temperature.
- Serve up the pasta salad and season to taste with extra dressing, salt and pepper.
- Quartered, marinated artichoke hearts also make a nice addition to the salad.
- For the olives, I usually buy a mix of Greek olives which includes Kalamata.