There are still a few days left before Christmas. That’s plenty of time to make some homemade gifts for friends and neighbors.
We’ve shared recipe links this month for Gluten-Free Cakes & Muffins and Gluten-Free Candy & Cookies for gift giving. If you aren’t sure it will get eaten right away, or you need something that won’t perish in shipping, consider a homemade mix to give to family and friends.
You can put the ingredients in just about anything to make it festive. Jars are always a nice way to offer the mixes. Most of the recipe links below were created with the right amount of ingredients to fit perfectly into a mason jar. But you can easily put the mix into a sealed bag, and place it in a ceramic dish or festive treat bag like I did in the photo above. I’ve also seen mixes put into ornament balls, which is fun!
Don’t forget to include the directions for cooking, baking, etc. And, it’s nice to add a list of ingredients if you aren’t sure about the recipient’s food allergies.
Gluten-Free Bars and Cookies Mixes:
- Almond Flour Cookies in a Jar (GF, DF, Paleo, Vegan) @Detoxinista
- Brownie Mix in a Jar (GF, DF) @Angela’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Chip Cookies and Sugar Cookie Mixes in a Jar (GF, DF) @GFJules
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar (GF) @Gluten Free on a Shoestring
- Festive Layer-Bar Mix in a Jar (GF) @Carol Fenster Cooks
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar (GF) @24 Carrot Life
- Party Cookie Mix in a Jar (GF) @The Seaside Baker
Gluten-Free Hot Chocolate Mixes:
- Candy Cane Hot Cocoa Mix (GF, DF, Vegan) @Tasty Yummies
- Gingerbread Hot Chocolate (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) @Fit Foodie Finds
- Hot Cocoa Mix with Marshmallow recipe (GF) @Wantist
Gluten-Free Soup Mixes:
- 15-Bean Soup Mixes in a Jar (GF, DF, Vegan) @Sister Eden
- Curried Lentil Soup Mix in a Jar (GF, DF, Vegan) @Good Housekeeping
- Moroccan Lentil Soup in a Jar (GF, DF, Vegan) @The Healthy Maven
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Chicken Chili with corn tortillas
Tuesday – Fish & Chips, roasted Brussels Sprouts
Wednesday – Teriyaki Chicken, Rice, steamed Green Beans
Christmas Eve – Lamb, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli Mushroom Bake
Saturday – Beef Stew, Toasted Garlic Bread
Sunday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for homemade gluten-free baking mixes for holiday gifts.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing more gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for DIY gluten-free mixes.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.