Welcome back to the Gluten-Free Menu Swap. This week’s theme is lamb. I don’t know about you, but I don’t typically buy, cook, or eat lamb. Though I don’t often eat it, I do enjoy it when I get the opportunity. I’m certainly not familiar with cooking it.
So, I thought I’d take this week to explore it a little more and find some new recipes to try. I searched through some of my favorite sites and found the tempting gluten-free recipes listed below. Not exactly sure which one I’m going to try first.
- Lamb Curry, Rosemary Crusted Lamb Chops, and several other good-looking recipes at Simply Recipes
- Pistachio Mint Crusted Rack of Lamb, Greek Sliders (Lamb Burgers), and Morroccan Lamb Stew at Simply…Gluten Free
- Crown Roast of Lamb and Spicy Lamb Kebabs at Living Without
- Lamb Pot Roast at The Gluten-Free Gourmand
- Lamb Korma at Primal Body Primal Mind
Check out the Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup below for more gluten-free menus, recipe links, and perhaps ideas for including lamb in your meals.
Monday – Rotisserie Chicken, Rainbow Apple Salad
Tuesday – Pizza, Spinach Salad
Wednesday – Chicken Nuggets, Sweet Potato Fries
Thursday – Grilled Steaks or Greek Sliders, Roasted Potatoes
Friday – Parmesan Tilapia, Rice, Broccoli
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu for the family and a Paleo Rotation Diet for Melissa
Melissa has lamb in the rotation menu for herself. Her family will be eating Black Beans Beef and Rice, Lighter Meatloaf, Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Beef and Cabbage Soup, and Chili with gluten-free pasta.
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Angela has linked up Katniss’s Favorite Lamb and Prune Stew this week. She’ll also be making double-batches of Bombay Chicken and Citrus-Kissed Chicken Fingers, so she can stock the freezer. She rounds out the week with Burgundy Mushroom Stew, Barbecue Glazed Pork, and Salmon Sweet Potato Cakes. Find links to all of these and side dishes, too, on her full menu.
The Peaceful Mom: Simple Gluten-Free Menu
This week, Kimberlee’s family will be eating Turkey Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, BBQ Pork Sliders, Easy Cheese Quesadillas with Chicken, Taco Bowls, Udi’s Frozen Pizza, Steak, and Spicy Black Beans. Be sure to stop by her blog for recipe links and ideas for breakfast and lunch, too.
Extraordinary Life: Gluten-Free, Paleo Menu
On Lisa’s menu this week is Lettuce Leaf Tacos, Herb Roasted Pork Loin, Corn-free Corn Dogs, Herb Roasted Chicken Breasts, Oven-Roasted Shrimp, and Pizza. Lisa is also sharing her plans for Easter, including a plan to make corn-free candy for her son, Coconut Sugar Ham, Mashed Cauliflower, Deviled Eggs, Fruit Salad, Lemon Meringue Pie, and Coconut Cream Pie. Sounds like a busy week for her!
Our Frugal Happy Life: EaAppearanceting Gluten-Free on a Budget
Congratulations are due to Emily and her husband! Emily finally announced the arrival of her new baby girl, Hannah, with sweet pictures last week. For meals this week, they’ll be eating Pizza with Chebe pizza crust, Miracle Chicken Skillet, Cheeseburger Pie, and Chicken Enchilada Dip.
Awkward Girl Gets Fit: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Menu
Samantha has a busy week ahead, and starting with a meal plan is a perfect way to get off to a great start. Her family will be eating Broccoli Beef, Grilled Chicken, Chick-fil-a Chicken Nuggets copycat recipe, burgers, and more.
Thanks to everyone for joining us this week, be sure to come back next week to see how we’re eating gluten-free with bananas.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Come back next week for ideas of including bananas in your meals.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.