This week, we’re talking about Melon for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap. Summer is here, and so is the summer produce. My family always looks forward to the sweet and juicy melons that are sure to show up in the farmers’ market and the grocery stores this time of year. Cantaloupe, Honey Dew, and Watermelon are all welcome at my house. My biggest problem is that I usually buy too much. So I took a look online and found some additional ways to consume the yummy summer treats.
- Cantaloupe with Mascarpone Cream and Berry Sauce at Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Creamy Cantaloupe Smoothie at Gluten-Free Cat
- Watermelon Avocado Basil Salad at The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Watermelon Orange Smoothie at Gluten Free Easily
- Quinoa Salad with Blueberries, Strawberries, and Watermelon at Gluten-Free Goddess
- Honey Dew-Cucumber-Mint Popsicles at The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen
- Cucumber Honey Dew Salad with Feta at Two Peas & Their Pod
- Melon Sorbet at Simply Recipes
- Watermelon showed up on my Pinterest Board for 4th of July, too!
- A few more ideas from a past GF Menu Swap Roundup
The Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup will be included below. Don’t forget to check it for more gluten-free menus and recipe links.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday — Eating Out
Tuesday — Hamburgers or Hot Dogs, Red Potato and Green Bean Salad, Watermelon
Thursday — Roasted Chicken, Spinach Salad with Cantaloupe
Friday — Hawaiian Chicken, Cauliflower Rice, Sautéed Summer Squash
Saturday — Eating Out
Sunday — Chicken Nuggets, Sweet Potato Fries, Steamed Broccoli
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
No melon in Melissa’s menu this week. Instead, her family will be enjoying Tacos, Eggplant Burgers, Chicken Enchiladas, Inside Out Stuffed Green Peppers, Cabbage Beef Soup, and Spinach Quiche. Melissa also plans to make Chicken Apple Sausage and Kale Soup, and Beet Pancakes to freeze.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth is making Watermelon Smoothies this week. For dinners, she’ll be making Grilled Portobellos, Chef Salad, Sloppy Joes, Potato Chip Fish, Tuna Salad, and Pizza. She’s also having Chia Pudding, Waffles, and Buckwheat Granola for breakfasts.
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Like most of us, Angela’s family usually eats up melon simply sliced up fresh. But she does have a couple yummy recipes to share. Watermelon Slush and Curried Chicken Cantaloupe and Mango Salad would be a refreshing meal for a hot summer day. Also on her menu this week is Fish Tacos with Red Cabbage-Apple Slaw, Slow Cooker Veggies and Orange Beef, Rainbow Quiche, and Pork-Pineapple Kabobs with Quinoa Confetti Salad.
The Peaceful Mom: Simple Gluten-Free Menu
Kimberlee often serves fresh melon slices for breakfast and lunches. This week, it’s cantaloupe slices with Scrambled Eggs. She has delicious-looking Mango Salsa Chicken on her dinner menu this week. She’ll also be making London Broil, Greek Pasta Salad, Steak and Peppers, Taco Bowls, Garlic Shrimp Radiatore, and Pizza.
Thanks for joining us this week. Feel free to stop back later to see if any more gluten-free meal ideas are shared.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us again next week at Angela’s Kitchen for more gluten-free meal ideas. Next week’s theme is Sitr-Fry.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.