Ooooh, the peaches at the farmer’s market are so sweet and juicy right now. I bought so many, I had to make it the theme for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap this week. You need absolutely nothing but to rinse them and take a bite. But since I bought so many, I need a plan to eat them up before they start to rot.
For breakfast, I’ll be adding them into smoothies and making a Peach Compote to top French Toast (yum!). For lunch we’ll be eating juicy slices raw. And for dinners, I’ll be putting fresh peach slices in a spinach salad with a little Poppyseed Dressing. I’ll also be adding diced peaches to our Indian Chicken. Are you eating peaches this week? Check out the roundup below to see who else may be sharing gluten-free menus and ideas for including peaches in meals this week.
Tuesday - Hamburgers, Corn on the Cob, Steamed Broccoli
Wednesday - Indian Chicken with fresh peaches served over Quinoa, Green Beans
Thursday - Easy Garlic Shrimp & Veggies over Rice Noodles
Saturday - Steak Fajitas with Bell Peppers and Onions served with Corn Tortillas
Sunday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Angela at Angela’s Kitchen is enjoying all the peaches this summer, too. She puts them in salads, in muffins, in Chicken with Apricot (or peach) Sauce, and Bombay Chicken. On her menu this week is Salmon and Sweet Potato Patties, Corn Tomato and Onion Salad, Jenn’s French Omelette, Spinach Burgers, Sticky Chicken Legs. Angela has lots more links to yummy recipes on her menu, so be sure to check them all out.
That’s it for this week. Join us at Celiac Family next week for a Wine theme, and the following week for Lunchbox Solutions at Angela’s Kitchen.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- I will be hosting the roundup again next week, and the theme will be Wine. Do you use wine in your cooking, sauces, etc.? Or, maybe you are good at pairing specific types of wine with meals? Use the theme however it works for you.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.