No doubt, many of you are hosting or attending parties this month. So, I thought it would be fun to have Appetizers as the theme for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap this week. You’ll see that even some of the dinner items I have on this week’s menu would also work well as an appetizer at a party.
Here are some of my favorite gluten-free appetizers:
- Avocado Salsa
- Bonefish Saucy Shrimp
- Caramel Corn Puffs Snack
- Corn and Black Bean Salad (works as a dip too)
- Deviled Eggs
- Fruit Kabobs
- Gluten-Free Egg Rolls
- Guacamole (quick and easy mix)
- Hummus with a Fresh Vegetable Tray
- Make Your Own Snack Mix/Trail Mix
- Parmesan Chicken Nuggets
- Pepper Jelly over Cream Cheese
- Pigs In a Blanket
- Shrimp Cocktail (Too pressed for time to prepare anything? Pick it up ready-made at the grocery store. Just be sure to check the label of any cocktail sauce you use.)
- Taquitos (Roll up shredded chicken into warmed corn tortillas. Bake at 350º for 10 min.)
Want more ideas for appetizers and meals this week? Check out the roundup below to see who else is sharing this week. As we continue with holiday themes for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap, the theme next week will be Holiday Favorites.
Monday - Party Dogs (hot dogs wrapped in gluten-free pizza dough and baked) served with a tossed green salad
Tuesday – Balsamic Salmon served with jasmine rice and green beans
Thursday – Chicken Nuggets served with French fries and Corn
Friday - Hamburgers, roasted potatoes, green beans
Saturday - Party time
Sunday - leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Angela at Angela’s Kitchen has several great ideas (as well as recipe links) for gluten-free appetizers: Lemon Garlic Mushrooms, Apple Pie Dip, Dairy-Free Seven Layer Dip, Ranch Dip made dairy-free, Crunchy Chickpeas, Sugar ‘n Spice Nuts, and Easy Hot Wings. On her menu this week is Shrimp Pad Thai, Spiced Chicken with Quinoa Salad, Pork Roast with Apples and Pears, Turkey Shepherd’s Pie, and Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole.
Kimberlee at The Peaceful Mom has a couple items on her menu this week that could be modified to be appetizers. The BBQ Chicken Tostadas could be built onto tortilla chips like nachos. And, the Turkey Wraps could be sliced into bite-sized pieces and secured with toothpicks. The rest of her menu this week includes Steak and Peppers, Easy Potato Soup, Beef Roast, and Black Bean Chicken Chili.
Lisa at Extraordinary Life has found some great appetizer ideas that are low-carb: Cauliflower Pizza Bites, Almond Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Crisps, Roast Beef Wrapped Asparagus, and Sweet and Tangy Meatballs. Lisa’s family continues eating paleo meals this week with Ranch House Crock pot Pork Chops, Turkey Croquettes, Sausage and Peppers, Roasted Chicken Breasts, Low Carb Pizza, and Rosemary Roasted Pork Loin.
Emily at Our Frugal Happy Life is joining us this week with Advent meals and Breakfast planned for a few days this week. She will also be cooking Monterey Chicken, Cheeseburger Rice, Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches, and Pizza Sloppy Joes.
Thanks for joining us this week. Join us next week at Angela’s Kitchen for more gluten-free menus and Holiday Favorites.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Next week’s GF Menu Swap will be hosted by Angela at Angela’s Kitchen. We’ll be sharing our Favorite Holiday meals, dishes, recipes, etc.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.