Happy Holidays! I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season. Hard to believe it’s already Christmas eve. This week is the last holiday theme for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap — Holiday Drinks. Whenever the weather gets colder, I think of Hot Chocolate and Mulled Cider. But, with it being party season, sometimes I need ideas for cocktails and punches, too. Here are some good ones to try:
- Chocolate Martinis from Celiac Family
- Reindeer Antlers at Gluten Free Easily
- Tropical Mimosas from Celiac Family
Cold, Refreshing Drinks
- Apple Cider Soda from Elana’s Pantry
- Egg Nog (dairy-free) from Angela’s Kitchen
- Ginger-Lime Mocktail from Elana’s Pantry
Warm, Comforting Drinks
- Chocolate Doughnut Hot Chocolate at Gluten Free Easily
- Hot Buttered Rum from Stephanie O’Dea
- Wassail from Stephanie O’Dea
Check out the roundup below to see who else is sharing menus and holiday drink ideas this week.
With it being Christmas week and everyone home for meals, I knew I would need a plan for breakfast and lunch, too.
Lunches this week: Hot Dogs, Turkey Wraps, Grilled Sandwiches, Nachos, Tropical Fruit Salad, Soup
Christmas Day – Roasted Turkey, Rice Pilaf with Currants and Pine Nuts, Green Beans
Friday - Pork Tenderloin, Wild Rice Salad, Green Beans
Sunday - Chicken Teriyaki Tenders, Jasmine Rice, Steamed Broccoli
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Kimberlee at The Peaceful Mom has a wonderful variety of meal ideas this week, including breakfast and lunch. Christmas morning, they are making Monte Cristo Sandwiches. Her lunch ideas include making Pizza Bagels (with Udi’s GF buns) and Ham and Cream Cheese Roll-ups. For Christmas Dinner her family will be having Simple Shrimp and Grits, Steamed Sugar Snap Peas, Spinach Artichoke Dip with Tortilla Chips, and Ice Cream. Also on her menu this week is Greek Pasta Salad, Black Bean Chicken Chili, Roast Beef Lettuce Wraps, and more.
Angela at Angela’s Kitchen says her family’s favorite Holiday Drink is a slow-cooker full of hot chocolate. On Christmas Eve, they enjoy drinking sparkling apple-lingonberry juice and sparkling pear juice. And, this year, Angela gets to make her dairy-free Egg Nog using fresh eggs from her own chickens. If you are thinking about Smoothies for breakfast or maybe to detox after heavy holiday meals, check out the collection of gluten-free, dairy-free smoothie recipes she is sharing this week. For their Christmas meal this year, Angela’s family is having Pomegranate-braised Ribs with rice pudding, salad, and green beans. Other meals at her house this week include Gingerbread Pumpkin Waffles, French Toast Casserole, Spinach Artichoke Pizza, Pumpkin Enchiladas, and Roasted Chicken Pot Pies.
Emily at Our Frugal Happy Life is serving appetizers for Christmas Eve including a Cheese Ball, Chicken Enchilada Dip, Chex Mix, a tray of shrimp, and more. Her meals this week includes Garlic Cheddar Chicken, Meatloaf, and Pizza-flavored Chicken.
Check back later to see who else may be joining the menu swap this week.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Next week’s GF Menu Swap will be hosted here at CeliacFamily.com again. No planned theme, just menus.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.