There is no denying the holidays are upon us now. Christmas lights and decorations are out everywhere, Christmas music is playing in all the busy shops, and the kids are already getting anxious. I’ve taken a break from the baking, but I think it’s time to get started again. And cookies is a good place to start. I love cookies. The theme for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap this week is Cookies. Lisa is hosting it at Extraordinary Life. I know Lisa has a lot of cookie recipes on her blog, so make sure you check it out!
Last month I made snicker doodles by using this sugar cookie recipe and rolling the dough into balls, then rolling in cinnamon sugar, and slightly flattening with fingers before baking. I also made Angela’s Ginger Snaps, which turned out perfectly! I liked them fresh and chewy. If you like them crisp and snappy, then you can leave them uncovered (or lightly covered overnight).
Other cookies I like to make for the holidays:
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday - Tuscan Chicken, Roasted Red Potatoes, Asparagus
Tuesday - Pizza (picked up some frozen Deby crusts to try) served with Spinach Salad
Wednesday - Fish Tacos with Guacamole and Slaw
Thursday - Pulled Pork Sandwiches, served with leftover slaw and green beans
Friday - Eating Out
Sunday - leftovers
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For the roundup of menu plans this week, visit Extraordinary Life.
- The theme for next week’s GF Menu Swap is Appetizers and party food at Celiac Family.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.