It’s Valentine Week! Angela at Angela’s Kitchen is hosting the Gluten-Free Menu Swap this week with Valentine Treats as the theme.
Last year, I made a heart-shaped pizza for dinner. This year, the kids have requested Pancakes, so I think I’ll pull out my nifty Pancake Pen and make some fun heart-shaped pancakes for dinner this year. For school treats, I’m making heart-shaped, Rice Krispies gluten-free treats.
I’m also thinking about making some heart-shaped cookies with the Cookie Press I got for Christmas. I’ve been wanting to try it, but I put it away after Christmas and forgot about it until recently. I seem to recall some gluten-free friends who have recipes for it: Lisa at Extraordinary Life makes Butter Cookies, Linda at The Gluten-Free Homemaker makes Spritz Cookies, and Amy at Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free makes Sugar-Free Spritz Cookies.
Are you making anything special for the occasion? Here are a few more ideas at Celiac Family:
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday - Chicken Nuggets, boiled Baby Potatoes, and steamed Broccoli
Tuesday - Pancakes, bacon, and strawberries.
Wednesday - Hamburgers served with Green Beans and Corn
Thursday – Soup and Sandwiches
Friday – GF Battered Fish Bites served with French Fries and Peas
Saturday - Egg Rolls served with Fried Rice
Sunday - Leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
- Thanks to Angela at Angela’s Kitchen for hosting this week’s GF Menu Swap with Valentine Treats as the theme.
- Join is again next week for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap. Wendy will be hosting the roundup with a theme of Cauliflower at Celiacs in the House.
- Review the Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page for the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.