This week’s menu swap is being hosted by Wendy at Celiacs in the House, and the theme is Cauliflower. Great! One more encouragement to fulfill my new year resolution of eating more produce. (The plan for more exercise has recently been neglected. )
Since the beginning of the year, we’ve also had roundups for Broccoli, Smoothies, Pomegranate, and Root Veggies. So, if you’re still working on adding more produce to your diet, they are a great place to get some ideas. For this week’s theme, I’m planning on roasting cauliflower this week using Cheryl’s simple method. If that doesn’t get the kids interested in cauliflower, then they are sure to get excited over the battered and fried cauliflower later in the week…I hope.
Since tomorrow is Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday, Shrove Tuesday, Pancake Day, etc.), I’m planning to make Red Beans and Rice. I’m not making King Cake this year, but I may give in to the kids’ request for beignets as a treat. If you are planning a Mardi Gras meal this week, I also have a recipe for Gumbo that’s full of shrimp, sausage, chicken, and okra. And, if those recipes don’t tempt you, visit Tasty Eats at Home, where Alta has put together a great roundup of Creole and Cajun recipes that would be great for Mardi Gras.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Tuesday - Red Beans and Rice
Wednesday - Rotisserie Chicken, Roasted Cauliflower, Spinach Salad
Friday – Pupusas and Spicy Slaw
Saturday - Shrimp, Broccoli, and Cauliflower deep fried with a gluten-free tempura batter
Sunday - Leftover Buffet
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
- Visit Celiacs in the House for this week’s roundup of gluten-free menus and ideas for eating cauliflower.
- Join us here at Celiac Family next week for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap. The theme with be Pineapple.
- Review the Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page for the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.