The winter blues have hit me. My son’s been sick and I’ve been fighting something — cold, sinus infection, dry weather? Whatever it is, I need to get out of the house and get some sunshine! So, I’m heading to Florida at the end of the week. I’m hoping a few days of sunshine perks me up, and the travel doesn’t get me down. OK…that sounds like I’m being spontaneous and just flying off on a whim. Well, that’s not really the case. We’ve been planning to go back to Disney World for a while, and this month just happened to be a good opportunity for doing just that. That being said, I’ve kept our meals quick and easy this week because I’ve got some packing to do.
Pomegranate is the theme for the GF Menu Swap this week. Angela is hosting the roundup of menus at Angela’s Kitchen. I don’t use pomegranate much. Sometimes the crunchy seeds are just too much for me, so I opt for the juice over the fruit. A while back, I posted a recipe for a Blueberry-Pomegranate Martini that you might find interesting. At the end of that post you’ll find links to a variety of gluten-free recipes using pomegranate juice. This week, I’ll be adding pomegranate juice to my smoothies. If I’m feeling up to it, I may even make a cranberry-pomegranate sauce for the chicken and pork chops this week.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Rotisserie Chicken served with Rice and Green Beans
Tuesday – Grilled Pork Chops served with steamed Broccoli and a Fruit Salad
Wednesday – Grilled Sandwiches served with Kale Chips and a Fruit Salad
Thursday – Burgers served with a Spinach Salad and Waffle Fries
Friday – leftovers
Saturday – Out
Sunday – Out
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
- Thanks to Angela at Angela’s Kitchen for hosting this week’s GF Menu Swap with Pomegranate as the theme.
- Join is again next week for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap. Wendy will be hosting the roundup with a theme of Root Veggies at Celiacs in the House.
- Review the Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page for the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.