I’m soaking up the sunshine in Florida, having a great time with my family, so I’ll keep my comments short this week. The GF Menu Swap this week is being hosted by Wendy at Celiacs in the House. The theme is Root Vegetables.
The most common root vegetables we eat in my house are carrots and potatoes. I know, not too exciting or adventurous, but I have a couple young kids to keep happy. We do have sweet potatoes on occasion. I used to cook carrots with a light, sweet glaze for the kids when they were toddlers. Or, sometimes I would just steam carrots to soften them a little, then put into the refrigerator for snacks later. They were soft enough for their delicate teeth and gums, and seemed to enjoy them. Now, they really only want to eat them cold and raw. They aren’t even interested in them with a sweet glaze anymore. Oh, how times change.
Maybe it’s time for us to try some new root vegetables, and give some old ones another try. Head over to Celiacs in the House to see what Wendy and other gluten-free bloggers are cooking up this week.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Grilled Chicken, Steamed Veggies, Sweet Potatoes
Tuesday – Out
Wednesday – Chicken Tacos with slow-cooked, shredded chicken
Thursday – Pancakes served with a Fruit Salad
Saturday – Pizza served with a Spinach Salad
Sunday – Leftover Buffet
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
- Thanks to Wendy at Celiacs in the House for hosting this week’s GF Menu Swap with Root Veggies as the theme.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap will be here at Celiac Family next week with the theme of Cinnamon.
- Review the Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page for the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.