Continuing to work on my goal of Eating More Produce, I chose Broccoli as the theme ingredient for this week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap. Everyone in my family loves broccoli.
Steamed broccoli is one of our usual sides for dinner every week. It’s a pretty fast and easy way to get some fresh green vegetables into our diet. Seems pretty plain and boring, but everybody eats it up without complaints.
It’s nice to have something so easy to add to the meal. But it’s also nice to try something new, so I’m hoping for some new ideas.
Here are a few of my ideas for eating broccoli:
Don’t forget to check out the Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup below for more gluten-free menus and ideas for using broccoli in your menu.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Grilled Chicken Breasts served with Quinoa and Broccoli
Tuesday – Pork Chops with Black Beans served with rice and green beans
Wednesday – Meatloaf served with PeeWee Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli
Thursday – Chicken Tacos
Friday – Pancakes, Bacon, and Fruit Salad
Saturday – Mexican Chicken Pizza
Sunday – Leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Renee at Beyond Rice and Tofu loves broccoli, too. She enjoys it steamed, stir-fried, and roasted. She also likes to take it to work and microwave it with a little water and salt. Renee has a great variety of meals on her menu this week: Buttery Pigeon Pea Dal with roasted broccoli and brown rice, Tempeh and Green Bean Stir Fry, Italian Chickpea Soup, and Spiced Lemon Quinoa.
Wendy at Celiacs in the House is also a fan of broccoli and says her family goes through 2-3 bunches a week. This week it will be in her Coconut Curry Tilapia and Pork and Vegetable Lo Mein meals. Also on her menu this week is Salmon Cakes, Slow-Cooker Soup, Roasted Chicken, and Chicken Tacos. I’m intrigued by a couple more notes on her post this week: a link and review for Olive Cake and an announcement of a new “In My Gluten-Free Kitchen” series she’s starting this week. Looks like fun!
Emily at Our Frugal Happy Life is keeping busy with family and in-laws throughout the week. They are enjoying some gluten-free banana muffins she made last week. Her menu this week includes Cheeseburger Pie, Chicken and Rice, Cheeseburger Rice, and Garlic Cheddar Chicken.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Next week’s theme will be smoothies! Share your recipes, or simple combinations of fruit and veggies for your favorite smoothies. Meet back here next week at CeliacFamily for the roundup.
- I’ve updated the Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page with the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.