I missed last week’s menu plan because of summertime travels. I’m glad to be back to it this week, and the family has been eager to help by giving me their requests. The hot weather has us all thinking of eating cool salads. So, I decided to host the Gluten Free Menu Swap this week with a theme of salads. Here are some of our favorites that didn’t make it into our menu this week:
Celiac Family’s menu this week:
Monday – Grilled Chicken
My son’s request for the week is grilled chicken breasts. I’ll serve them with a Red Potato and Green Bean Salad.
Tuesday – Cheeseburgers
My daughter’s usual request is cheeseburgers without the bun and French fries. I’ll make Broccoli Winter Slaw to serve with it.
Wednesday – Seven Layer Salad
My husband requested a Seven Layer Salad, which I usually make with diced ham, shredded cheese, peas, chopped lettuce, spinach, chopped celery, and a creamy dill dressing.
Thursday – Indian Chicken
My husband also requested an Indian dish. So, I’ll try a Jalfrezi Curry cooking sauce my husband found. I usually prefer to cook with the curry pastes over the sauces, but the sauces make dinner very quick and easy. I’ll serve it over jasmine rice.
Friday – Leftovers
Cleaning out the refrigerator to make room for a birthday cake I’ll be making.
Here’s what some other gluten-free friends are planning this week:
Is it the timing or the salad theme? Not sure. But we’ve got some great gluten-free menus linked up this week!
- Welcome Susan from I Love Nectarines! She has a corn and asparagus salad on her menu this week, as well as some granola bars that look good. The Sichuan-style egglplant and gujerati green beans sound good, too!
- Wendy at Celiacs in the House is on a mission to get fit and healthy this summer. With the help of some great friends online, she is changing her diet and physical activity to lose some weight, feel better, and improve her health. This week she’ll be filling up on Chickpea Zucchini Quinoa Salad for lunches. She also plans to make Quinoa Tabbouleh and Jaden Hair’s Summertime Lasagna. Wendy also has a great recipe for Herb and Rice Salad and a beautiful Summer Turkey Salad you should check out.
- There are lots of salads on the menu at In My Box this week! They include Green Beans Nicoise, salad rolls with a lentil quinoa mixture, and Vinegret (a Russian beet salad). She’ll also be making Karina’s recipe for Basil Citrus Vinaigrette this week. Yum.
- Cheryl at Gluten Free Goodness says she’s been big into salads this summer, too. She has plenty of fresh goodies from her garden and the organic produce she picks up at Wegmans to make them. This week she’ll be making Quinoa Broccoli Salad and a Mache salad with tomatoes, avocado and pine nuts.
- Lisa at Extraordinary Life is also joining us this week. She’s serving salad with lasagna this week, and making a slaw to serve with BBQ Chicken Thighs. I see that she is also a fan of Alton Brown’s recipes. She is making his recipes for BBQ Chicken, Pork Loin and Beef Tacos.
- You’ll find lots of salad ideas at Beyond Rice and Tofu this week. Renee has Italian Rice Salad and Mediterranean Salad on her menu this week. She also gives links to some others that sound great: Quinoa and Black Bean Salad, Wild Rice Tabouli, and Taco Salad. Renee is hosting the GF Menu Swap next week with cucumbers as the theme ingredient. So be sure to follow us to Beyond Rice and Tofu next week and link up or just read up for more great gluten-free meal ideas.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
Cheryl at Gluten Free Goodness manages the headquarters of Gluten-Free Menu Swap. There you will find the rules, the current and upcoming schedule, and links to past roundups. For this week, email the link of your gluten-free menu to me at celiacfamily[at]gmail[dot]com.