Light and easy pretty much describes most of our meals during the summer. And that is the theme for this week’s Gluten Free Menu Swap. Renee at Beyond Rice and Tofu is hosting the swap, so be sure to check out what she has planned for meals this week.
A few of my favorite ideas for keeping the cooking heat out of the kitchen during the summer:
- Leftovers: Cook plenty so you can quickly heat up leftovers in the microwave later in the week.
- Rely on salads: Fresh fruits and vegetables and even chilled cooked meats will help you stay cooler.
- Use smaller, or thinner, cuts of meat: They will cook up in a matter of minutes on a hot grill!
- Use your slow cooker outside: Why not place it on your patio or deck to keep the cooking and heat outside?
On Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Fajitas with small strips of chicken, onions and peppers cooks quickly. I’ll serve them with corn tortillas and rice.
Wednesday – Leftovers
Thursday – I think I’ll make Angela’s Santa Fe-Style Quinoa Salad.
Friday – Shrimp, pre-cooked and chilled, served with a simple cocktail sauce and a spicy slaw.
Saturday – Beef Kabobs with small potatoes, peppers, onions.
Sunday – Seven-Layer Salad with Creamy Dill Dressing
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
You’ll find the rules, as well as the current and upcoming schedules, at Gluten Free Goodness. Thanks to Cheryl for her continued efforts at keeping our menu swap going.
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.