The theme for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap this week is Blueberries. My daughter and I love to eat blueberries, so I always pick some up when shopping. I often serve them with breakfast — in pancakes, smoothies, fruit salad, cereal, muffins, etc. I also like to put them on my Fruit Pizzas because they add great color and texture. And since I am loving watching the Olympics, I’m going to make one this week with strawberries and blueberries for a Red, White, and Blue look. I made this one earlier this year in a 9×13 pan, and cut it into squares for serving.
Of course, blueberries aren’t just for breakfast. This week, I’m serving them with dinner in salads, and in a sauce to pour over slices of a pork roast. Are you adding the little blue beauties to your meals this week? Check out the roundup below to see who else may be sharing gluten-free menus and ideas for including blueberries in meals this week.
Monday - Hamburgers, Corn on the Cob, Berry Fruit Salad
Tuesday - Shredded Chicken Tacos with sliced black olives, shredded cheese, and guacamole
Wednesday - Angela’s Chicken Blueberry Mango Salad with GF French bread
Thursday - Pork Roast with Hallie’s Balsamic Blueberry Pan Sauce, Potato Wedges, Green Beans
Friday - Parmesan Tilapia with Brown Rice and Steamed Asparagus
Saturday - Teriyaki Chicken Tenders with leftover Rice and Broccoli
Sunday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Angela at Angela’s Kitchen was able to get a few blueberries from the bushes she planted last year. But probably not enough yet to make some into her blueberry syrup or jam. Angela likes to add blueberries into her Breakfast Cookies and Muffins. And, WOW… check out that beautiful Lemon Yogurt Blueberry Bread she made! On her menu this week is Chicken and Rosemary Roasted Vegetables, Frittata with Zucchini Fries, Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Ginger Beef and Broccoli Salad, and the Chicken, Blueberry and Mango Salad I’m looking forward to making this week.
Check back later to see if other gluten-free menus and ideas for including blueberries in meals are linked up.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Next week’s theme is Plums, and the roundup will be at Gluten-Free Goodness.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there. This week, she shares a picture of a beautiful salad she ate last week with a Blueberry Dressing. Another great idea for using blueberries!
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.