Corn is the theme for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap this week. It’s the perfect season to buy fresh corn-on-the-cob, and my kids usually devour it. However, this year, my kids have not been as excited about eating it (at least not on the cob). They both lost their front teeth this spring, so I’ve been cutting it off the cob with this nifty gadget I got for Christmas one year.
I also buy and keep frozen corn kernels in the freezer. It’s just so quick and easy to cook up and put into side dishes. My favorite use is in Corn and Black Bean Salad, but we also like to add corn to our chili. Last week, my aunt and uncle made a wonderful sautéed corn dish (like this simple recipe by the Barefoot Contessa) to have with dinner. Anybody else have any good ideas for preparing corn?
Check out the roundup below to see who else may be sharing gluten-free menus and ideas for preparing corn this week.
Monday - Eating Out, Beau Jo’s Pizza (gluten-free crust, of course)
Wednesday - BBQ Ribs, Sautéed Fresh Corn, Watermelon and a Birthday treat for my son
Thursday - Baked Teriyaki Chicken Tenders, Rice, Broccoli
Friday - Corn Dog Muffins, French Fries, Spinach Salad
Saturday - Steaks, Baked Potato Wedges, Green Beans
Sunday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Fresh corn is a favorite with the kids at Angela’s Kitchen, too. And Angela says that the family’s favorite road-side stand just set up last week! So, I think she’s going to have to get some to go with her yummy meals this week: BBQ Turkey Sloppy Joes, Spinach and Tomato Frittata, Stir Fry with Quinoa, Zucchini Pancakes, and Korean Beef Tacos with Cilantro Cashew Salad.
Paige at Not Missing a Thing! has a great meal plan to share for a week at the beach. It’s complete with breakfast, lunch, and dinner meal plans, as well as tips for preparing for a vacation. Meals included in her plan are Buckwheat Waffles, Taco Burgers, Chef Salads, Summertime Chicken Salad, and Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches.
Thanks for joining the Gluten-Free Menu Swap this week. Join us again next week at Celiac Family for more menus and ideas of including Tomatoes in your meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Next week’s theme is tomatoes, and the roundup will be here at Celiac Family.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there. This week she has corn on the cob on her menu, too! She is also hosting a giveaway for Taste of Home’s cookbook magazines. So, be sure to stop by to check it all out!
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.