School is finally out, and now we are on to packing for our big move to Colorado! There is very little food left in our refrigerator — which is good since we’re moving — but I also don’t want to be eating out for the next two weeks. So, a little grocery shopping this week will help me use up some food we still have in the freezer and pantry.
This week’s theme for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap is Mango. I have one mango in the refrigerator that I keep meaning to put into a green smoothie, but I keep forgetting about it. Instead, I think I’ll use it for a Tropical Black Bean Salad this week. I will also be making Indian Chicken with mango chutney this week. And, that should be one less jar in the refrigerator to worry about.
Need help figuring out how to cut a mango? A common method is posted at Simply Recipes. I think I’ll give it a try this week, because my method of ‘whatever works’ may be the messiest and least efficient of all. If Elise’s method doesn’t work for you, check out the comments on that post. There are other suggestions from several other readers.
For more ideas of including mango in your meals this week, check out the roundup below.
Monday - Indian Chicken served over quinoa
Tuesday – Shredded Beef Tacos, spinach and avocado with leftover quinoa
Wednesday - Bacon and Spinach Quiche with Tropical Black Bean Salad
Friday - Rotisserie Chicken and any vegetables left in the refrigerator or freezer
Saturday - leftovers
Sunday – Eating Out, maybe Outback
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Angela of Angela’s Kitchen is posting her menu at Once a Month Mom this week. She says her whole family LOVES mango, and she has some great recipes to share: Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa and Blackberry Syrup, Mango Peach Puree, Mango Spinach Smoothie, Peach-Mango Smoothie, Chicken Mango Curry, and Chicken Blueberry Mango Salad. Also on her menu this week is Fish Tacos, Juicy Apple Turkey Burgers, Gingered Beef and Broccoli Salad, etc. Check out all the links to even more great recipes at Once a Month Mom.
Check back later to see which other gluten-free menus are linked here to the swap.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Next week’s theme will be Picnic or Camping Foods. The roundup will be posted at Angela’s Kitchen.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.