The Gluten Free Menu Swap is here this week, and the theme is blueberries. Blueberries have become one of my favorite fruits for several reasons:
- They’re quick and easy to clean;
- They need no additional preparation – no peeling, slicing, coring, etc.;
- They don’t spoil too quickly in the refrigerator;
- They’re delicious raw in your breakfast cereal and fruit salad;
- They’re also a delicious addition to muffins, pancakes, cakes, pies, etc.; and
- Perhaps most importantly, eating blueberries is beneficial for good health.
Like most weeks, we’ll eat blueberries with our breakfast this week. I don’t often have blueberries with dinner, unless it’s in a fruit salad. But, I think I’ll try a new recipe this week for pork chops with a blueberry sauce. Are blueberries one of your favorites? Check the roundup below to see if other bloggers are loving blueberries, too. Next week, visit Wendy at Celiacs in the House for the Gluten Free Menu Swap and ideas for using olives in your meals.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Thursday – Pork Chops with Savory Blueberry Sauce. I thought I’d try this quick recipe posted at the kitchn.
Friday – Southwest Seven-Layer Salad. My new idea to use up leftover shredded chicken is to layer it with lettuce, black beans, corn, avocado, etc. I just need to come up with a good, spicy dressing.
Saturday – Haddock, Sweet Potato Fries, and Spinach Salad. I’ll make a spinach salad with blueberries, almond slivers and poppyseed dressing.
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Cheryl at Gluten Free Goodness is not a fan of blueberries, so in her house it’s usually just raw blueberries for her husband. Her menu this week includes Chicken and Quinoa, Mahi Mahi with Kale Pesto, Beef Stew, and Sniffle Stew.
Angela at Angela’s Kitchen is joining us this week, and she is enjoying the local sales for blueberries! She’s making coconut yogurt parfaits with blueberries and blueberry cookies for breakfasts this week. She also has a fabulous recipe for Chicken Blueberry Mango Salad on her menu this week. Check out her recipes for Salmon and Sweet Potato Cakes and Spinach Burgers, too.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
Cheryl at Gluten Free Goodness manages the headquarters of Gluten-Free Menu Swap. There you will find the rules, the current and upcoming schedule, and links to past roundups. For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to me at celiacfamily AT gmail DOT com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.