I got an early start on the menu planning this month. Since we’ll be moving this month, I created a menu plan for the entire month. I’ll make any needed updates in my weekly menu plans. I’m hoping it helps us use up the food in our freezer and pantry, so we don’t have to move it or throw it out.
And for the week’s menu…This week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap is here with the theme being Sweet Bell Peppers. And, I can’t wait to make the Steak Fajitas! I’ve been tweaking my recipe for the marinade, and I plan to get that posted this week. I will also be enjoying some peppers with Chicken Kabobs later in the week. Though, I don’t know if they will be as good as the kabobs we had last night at a friend’s house. They were so delicious, but I’ll give it a try anyway.
Monday – Steak Fajitas with sweet peppers, onions and corn tortillas, served with Guacamole and Pico de Gallo
Wednesday – Spaghetti and Meatballs, Spinach Salad
Thursday – Chicken Kabobs with Sweet Peppers and Pineapple
Friday – Easy Garlic Shrimp Pasta served with Broccoli
Saturday – Maple Mustard Grilled Pork Chops (made with GF soy sauce!) served with a Spinach Salad
Sunday – Leftover Buffet
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Cheryl at Gluten Free Goodness says peppers don’t agree with her, so they aren’t in her menu plan this week. But what she does have on her menu this week looks delicious: Rosemary chicken with Kalamata Olives, Fennel Stew, Pineapple Chicken with Roasted Cauliflower, and Salmon on a bed of greens. And if you are planning on eating out this week (or any time in the future), check out Cheryl’s tips for Safely Dining Out G-Free.
Emily at Our Frugal Happy Life says she is ready for a summer schedule and directing Vacation Bible School. On her menu this week is Buttermilk Chicken Strips, Cheeseburger Rice with Cornbread, Ranch Chicken with Roasted Potatoes, Meatballs, and lots of grilling!
Angela at Angela’s Kitchen has some great ideas for including sweet peppers in her meals this week: Green Chile Taco Salad, Marinated Pepper Salad, and Sausage and Peppers. She also has Roasted Veggie Pizza and Chicken Empanadas planned this week. Stop by Angela’s Kitchen to see her full menu this week, and wish her a Happy Birthday!
Check back later as more gluten-free menus are linked her to the swap.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Next week’s theme will be Asparagus. The roundup will be posted at Celiac Family.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.