This week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap is being hosted at Our Frugal Happy Life. Visit the site to browse all the recipes and ideas for pizza or pizza-inspired meals in your gluten-free menu this week.
What a busy week it was last week! Our family managed to squeeze a lot of activities into what seemed like only a few days. I’m tired, but I am truly thankful that we were able to spend quality time with friends and family. We are fortunate to have friends and family that are understanding of our diet restrictions, and are tolerant of our questions of ingredients or picky eating.
Did everyone else manage to stay gluten-free and healthy during the holiday weekend? If you think you may have eaten some gluten through a hidden ingredient or cross-contamination, then you should read Shirley’s recent post about recovering from gluten exposure at Gluten Free Easily. She and other gluten-free bloggers have shared what they do to feel better when it happens to them. You may find some new ideas to try, or maybe you can think of some other remedies to add in the comments. I think it’s always helpful to hear what works for other people. Because what works for one person, may not work for another.
This week’s theme for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap is a Twist on Pizza. I have a Socca Pizza and a French Bread Pizza on my menu. But, you may also want to review my recipe for a Mexican pizza. You’ll find even more pizza ideas at the roundup hosted by Emily at Our Frugal Happy Life.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Tuesday - Hamburgers served with homemade GF buns. Serving with waffle fries and steamed broccoli.
Wednesday – Egg & Hash Browns Casserole served with a fruit salad.
Thursday – French Bread sliced down the length of the loaf, then topped with our favorite pizza ingredients: marinara, pepperoni, mozzarella, black olives, etc.
Friday – Simple Baked Chicken served with homemade cinnamon applesauce.
Sunday - Leftover Buffet
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
- Thanks to Emily for hosting this week’s GF Menu Swap at Our Frugal Happy Life with Twist on Pizza as the theme.
- Next week’s roundup is being hosted at Angela’s Kitchen with Holiday Treats as the theme.
- I’ve updated the Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page with the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.