Chocolate! Yep, Cheryl chose Chocolate as the theme ingredient for this week’s Gluten Free Menu Swap. Love, love, loooove chocolate! Just thinking about chocolate makes me feel better, that is, unless I’m craving it and can’t find any. Really, savoring a piece of good, dark chocolate is the best. Here are some of the chocolate recipes you’ll find on CeliacFamily.com and often at my house:
- Chocolate Creme Brulee (original and dairy-free)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins made with a GF Cake Mix (My kids love these!)
- Brownie Pops Flower Bouquet (Fun to make for gifts.)
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Candy (I find these totally addicting. Also good for gifts.)
- Raspberry Divinity Tarts (meringue shells with chocolate ganache and fresh raspberries)
- Chocolate Martinis (a nice treat after dinner, or a good start to the holidays)
Check out Cheryl’s post this week at Gluten Free Goodness for more Chocolate ideas from her and other gluten free bloggers.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Cheeseburgers
Making cheeseburgers with cheese bread rolls. I’ll serve them with French fries and corn.
Tuesday – Chicken Cacciatore
I’ve been looking for a new recipe to cook chicken in a slow-cooker. I found this one at The Gluten-Free Homemaker. Linda always has great recipes, so I know it will be good. Hopefully, my kids will like it, too. I’m going to serve it with rice and green beans.
Thursday – Pizza
My son has been requesting pizza for a while. I’m going to use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix to make two medium pizzas. The pizza crust mix, as well as other Bob’s Red Mill products are currently on sale at Amazon. So, if you use BRM, take advantage of the sale to stock up!
Saturday – Leftovers
Pulling all the leftovers out of the refrigerator to let everyone make their own meal.
Sunday – Pork Chops
Boneless pork chops simply seasoned and grilled. Serving with roasted butternut squash and asparagus.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
Cheryl at Gluten Free Goodness manages the headquarters of Gluten-Free Menu Swap. There you will find the rules, the current and upcoming schedule, and links to past roundups.
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.