It’s Pumpkin Week at The Gluten-Free Menu Swap. This week’s roundup is being hosted by Lisa at Extraordinary Life. You may recall that Lisa’s family is following a Paleo diet. (That means it’s gluten-free, too!) This weekend she posted a recipe for Pumpkin Pie with a crust made of nuts. I’m anxious to give it a try.
I was also baking with pumpkin this weekend. I used my recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana mini muffins to make Pumpkin mini muffins. I simply substituted pumpkin for the bananas and added a few spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice). They were a nice comfort food to have during our first really cold fall weekend. I’ll also be making the often-requested Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins (made with a gluten-free chocolate cake mix) soon.
Last week’s busy week with two sick kids and visiting family precipitated some changes from my monthly menu plan for this week:
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Dad’s Ribs, Roasted Potatoes, Beans
Wednesday – Leftovers
Thursday – Parmesan Chicken Nuggets, Sweet Potato Fries, Green Beans
Saturday – Angela’s Pumpkin Enchilada Casserole
Sunday – I think we’ll have enough for another night of Leftovers
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For the roundup of menu plans this week, visit Extraordinary Life.
- The theme for next week’s GF Menu Swap is Eggs at Angela’s Kitchen.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.