The Gluten-Free Menu Swap is being hosted by Angela at Angela’s Kitchen this week. Apples is the theme this week.
Last week’s experiment with the Paleo diet was interesting. It was difficult to eliminate all sugar and grains, and I have to admit some still snuck into my meals. But I know I must have cut out most of it because by the end of the week I had lost another pound of weight and was CRAVING sugar, cereal, chips, and anything you’re not supposed to eat on the Paleo diet. I’ll probably try the diet again, but I’ll have to be prepared with some Paleo baked goods next time. I just couldn’t eat enough meat, eggs, nuts, fruits and vegetables to make up for the loss of grains.
Whether I continue to follow a Paleo diet or not, I will definitely make these yummy recipes again:
Roasted Potato Salad with an Avocado Pesto
Stir-fried Kale with Bacon
This week, however, I’m back to a basic gluten-free menu. And I’ve got apples in our menu.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday - Fish Tacos with Apple Mango Salsa
Tuesday - Chili served with Cornbread mini muffins
Wednesday - Grilled Pork Chops with Baked Apples and green beans
Thursday - Hamburgers, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Rainbow Apple Salad
Friday - Teriyaki Salmon, Baked Brown Rice, and Broccoli
Saturday - Chicken Nuggets, Corn and sautéed Kale
Sunday - Leftovers
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For the roundup of menu plans this week, visit Angela’s Kitchen.
- The theme for next week’s GF Menu Swap is Sweet Potatoes at Celiac Family.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.