The theme for this week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap is Sweet Potatoes. For years, my kids have refused to eat any potatoes unless they were French fries. I tried mashed, grilled, baked, roasted, etc. Since I knew they would eat French fried potatoes, I started buying Ore Ida’s frozen Sweet Potato fries. My family came to really enjoy them. And after eating those for several months, I decided to try serving sweet potatoes again without the deep frier. I’ve been roasting them in the oven with a little olive oil and salt, and the family really seems to enjoy them. My daughter is less excited about them then the rest of us, but I still consider it a success.
I thought I would see if I could expand my selection of sweet potato recipes. I love Sweet Potato Casserole, but I usually save that for holiday celebrations. In addition to the recipes in this week’s menu, I’m also hoping to try the following recipes for breakfast and snacks:
- Shirley’s Sweet Potato Biscuits at Gluten-Free Easily
- Sweet Potato Pancakes with Apples at If CaveMom Baked Cookies
- Sweet Potato Crackers at The Frugal Farmwife
Check out the roundup below to see who else may be sharing gluten-free menus this week.
Tuesday - Grilled Pork Chops with a Pineapple Mango Salsa, Amy’s Crispy Sweet Potatoes, and steamed broccoli
Saturday - Spaghetti Squash with Meatballs and Marinara, Spinach Salad
Sunday - leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Angela at Angela’s Kitchen has lots of recipes and ideas for cooking sweet potatoes this week! Check out her Sweet Potato Chili, Sweet Potato Chicken Casserole, Slow-Cooker Scalloped Sweet Potatoes, and Squash and Kale Pizza. For breakfast this week, she’ll be making Sweet Potato Waffles and Sweet Potato and Pecan Quick Bread. And for dinners, Pork Roast with Apples and Pears and Black Bean Salsa Chicken are also on her menu this week.
Lisa at Extraordinary Life is sharing her recipe for Sweet Potato Biscuits this week, and says it is a family favorite. She also found a Paleo recipe for Fudgy Sweet Potato Truffles that look amazing! For her family’s busy week, she’s making Pork Chops, Lettuce Cup Tacos, Chicken Nuggets breaded with Pork Rinds, Paleo Pizza, and Steak.
Check back later to see who else may be joining this week’s GF Menu Swap.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Next week’s GF Menu Swap with be at Celiac Family again with Fish at the theme. So, come back next week to share ideas for serving fish to your family.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.