For this week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap, the theme is mushrooms. I walked by the mushrooms at the grocery store a couple weeks ago, and realized that I hadn’t purchased any for a while. Lately, my grocery shopping is done so quickly that I often end up just picking up the usual ingredients. This week I’ll be adding mushrooms to my shopping basket — probably some baby bellas and white buttons.
I also tend to think about mushrooms as we get close to the holidays. Mushrooms can really add a nice flavor to gravies and casseroles. Here are some links to gluten-free recipes and products to get you started thinking about that:
Gluten-Free Mushroom Gravy Recipes
- Gluten-Free Mushroom Gravy (gluten-free and dairy-free) at She Let Them Eat Cake
- Gluten-Free Mushroom Gravy (with dairy-free options) at Gluten Free Cooking School
- Gluten-Free Mushroom Wine Gravy (with dairy-free options) at Living Without
Homemade Gluten-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipes
- Allergy Free Cream of Mushroom Soup (no dairy, eggs, gluten, or soy) from Cybele Pascal
- Cream of Mushroom Soup (gluten-free and dairy-free) at Angela’s Kitchen
- Mushroom Soup (gluten-free and vegan) at Elana’s Pantry
Canned Gluten-Free Mushroom Soups you might be able to find in the grocery stores:
- Progresso Creamy Mushroom Soup (contains dairy)
- Pacific Organic Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup (contains dairy)
- Gluten Free Cafe Cream of Mushroom Soup (contains dairy)
The Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup will be included below. Don’t forget to check it for more gluten-free menus and ideas for using mushrooms in your meals.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Rotisserie Chicken, Oven-Roasted Potatoes, Sautéed Spinach
Tuesday – leftover chicken added to Quinoa with Broccoli and Mushrooms
Wednesday – Hamburgers with Sweet Potato Fries and Oven-Roasted Broccoli
Thursday – Adding Sautéed Mushrooms to Easy Garlic Shrimp
Friday – Turkey Breast, Rice, and steamed green beans
Saturday – Hamburger Stroganoff with Mushrooms and gluten-free flat wide noodles
Sunday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Mushrooms are plentiful at Angela’s Kitchen this week with Burgundy Mushroom Stew, Supreme Pizza, Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore, Lemon Tilapia with Spinach and Mushrooms, and Ultimate Beef Stroganoff. And if you think that’s a lot of mushrooms, she has a list of a dozen more recipes with mushrooms on her menu post this week.
The Peaceful Mom: Simple Gluten-Free Menu
I don’t see mushrooms in Kimberlee’s meals this week, but she has plenty to keep her family warm on these cool fall evenings. She starts the week with Black Bean Chicken Chili, Roast Beef, and Beef and Veggie Soup. Then, finishes the week with BBQ Chicken Nachos, Spicy Black Beans, and a Crustless Quiche.
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Melissa is planning breakfast, lunch, and dinner this week. So if you need ideas for breakfast and lunch, check out the whole plan this week. Her dinners this week include Beef and Broccoli with Rice, Slow Cooker Polish Sausage, Chicken Apple Sausage and Kale Soup, Turkey Meatloaf, and Polish Sausage.
Dietz Eats: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Fawn doesn’t have mushrooms this week, but has lots of chicken on her menu: Fried Chicken with Oriental Salad, Roasted Chicken with carrots and potatoes, BBQ Chicken Pizza, and Half Chicken with coleslaw and mashed potatoes. She also has one meal reserved for meatloaf.
The Gluten Free Week: Gluten-Free
Lori is joining us again and is sharing recipes for Chicken Marsala and Pork Chops with Mushrooms. She is also planning Chicken and Rice Soup, Hamburger Patties, Hummus and Veggie Wraps, and Pizza for her menu this week. And I like the sound of the Farm Salad she’s making this week with fresh peas and mushrooms.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth says she uses mushrooms for replacing soy and meat in her diet. This week, she plans to put mushrooms in her Spaghetti Sauce, Shrimp Stir-Fry, and on her Pizza. For lunch and dinners this week, she also plans on making Apple Dumplings, Beans and Rice, Avocado Salad, and Smoothies.
Thanks to everyone for sharing their menu plans with us this week. Join us next week when we pull out our favorite slow-cooker recipes.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us here again next week when we’ll be sharing meals and menus for the slow-cooker.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.