I’ve loved olives ever since I was a kid. Did anyone else adorn their fingers with pitted black olives as a kid? Well, now I enjoy all varieties of olives — green, black, Spanish, Greek, kalamata, etc. They can add a vibrant flavor to otherwise bland dishes. And lately, I’ve been wanting to find a good olive tapenade recipe. So, I decided to go looking for some new recipes to try. Look what I found:
- Chicken with Cauliflower and Olives from Elana’s Pantry
- Chicken Marabella from Simply Recipes
- Green Olive Relish from Gluten-Free Girl
- Olive Frittata from Rachael Ray
- Olive Tapenade from the Gluten-Free Goddess
- The Dark Mystery of Black Olives, Ferrous Gluconate and Gluten, an informative article from Gluten-Free Gigi
And a few recipes at Celiac Family:
The Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup will be included below. Don’t forget to check it for more gluten-free menus and ideas for using olives.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday — leftovers
Tuesday — Chicken with Cauliflower and Olives, Spaghetti Squash
Thursday — Baked Chicken Nuggets, Roasted Potatoes, Broccoli Salad
Friday — Steak and Pepper Fajitas, Avocado Salsa (with black olives)
Saturday — Spanish Olive Frittata with a non-dairy milk substitute, Smashed Potatoes
Sunday — Pepperoni and Black Olive Pizza, Rainbow Apple Salad
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Like me, Elisabeth loves olives. She’ll be putting them on a Vegan Tuna-Less Nicoise Salad and pizza this week. She’ll also be making Sloppy Joes and Lentil Sloppy Joes, Zucchini and Potato Bake, Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes, and Potato Chip Fish. Stop by her site for her complete menu and the recipe links.
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Angela is another fan of olives, and loves to use them to top pizza, nachos, tacos, salads, etc. She also puts them in some great recipes: Braised Mediterranean Chicken, Dairy Free Seven Layer Dip, Eggplant Caponata, and Veggie Tortilla Pinwheels. Her dinner menu this week is looking pretty great, too: Chicken Pad Thai, Apple French Toast Casserole with Turkey Sausage, Broiled Pork Tacos, Mediterranean Chicken, and Tuna Noodle & Vegetable Casserole. Find all the recipe links and a printable grocery list on her menu plan this week.
Gluten Free Detroit Metro: Gluten-Free Menu
Amanda does not share my love of olives, so you will not find them in her meals. She still has a tasty menu planned for the week. Her family will be enjoying turkey burgers, [Oooh. That reminds me of the Olive Burgers I used to get at Burger Street in Texas. LOVED those! Sorry…back to Amanda’s menu.] Shrimp Scampi, Pork Chops, and Sweet and Sour Chicken with Fried Rice. She’ll also be eating gluten free at the Renaissance Festival. Check it all out.
The Peaceful Mom: Simple Gluten-Free Menu
I don’t see olives in Kimberlee’s menu this week, but I do see lots of opportunities for adding them to her meals. 🙂 Lasagna Bake, Steak Fajitas, and Southwest Chicken Chili would all taste good with some sliced olives on top, don’t you think? Also on her menu this week is Hot Wings, Ham and Bean Soup, and Breakfast for Dinner.
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
I also see opportunities for adding olives to Melissa’s menu plan this week: Spaghetti and Meatballs, Taco Salad, and Stir-Fried Chicken in Lettuce Cups. Steak with Guacamole, Potato Leek Hash with Swiss Chard and Eggs, and Winter Minestrone Soup round out her menu for the week.
Thanks to everyone for joining us this week. Come back next week for more gluten-free menus and ideas for using Butternut Squash in your meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us here again next week for more gluten-free meal ideas. Next week’s theme is Butternut Squash.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.