I’ve had a few questions about the Rainbow Apple Salad I included in my menu last week, so I thought I would share the recipe.
Inspired by Debbi’s recipe for Broccoli Apple Slaw, I threw together a salad after seeing a bag of Rainbow Salad at Wegmans. I have really been enjoying the salad for lunches during the week. The recipe keeps evolving, but this is what I’m enjoying right now.
Rainbow Apple Salad
- 6-8 Cups Shredded, or julienned, Vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower, purple cabbage and carrots (I purchase a 10 oz. bag of Wegman’s Rainbow Salad and add some matchstick carrots.)
- 2 large crisp and sweet apples, cored and chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 Cup dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Poppyseed dressing (Read the ingredients to make sure it’s gluten-free or try my recipe for Honey Poppyseed Dressing.)
- 1/2 Cup chopped nuts or sunflower seeds (optional)
- Combine the vegetables, apples, and cranberries.
- Pour the dressing on the salad, and toss to evenly coat the salad.
- If desired, sprinkle nuts or sunflower seeds on top.
- This makes a salad large enough to share — about 8 servings.
- It’s great as a side salad, too. Serve with Pulled Pork Sandwiches or a simple grilled chicken breast.
Review More Great Recipes
Find more gluten-free recipes at Gluten-Free Wednesdays at The Gluten-Free Homemaker.
Find more healthy recipes at Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays at Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free.