I love to eat soups and chilis during cooler weather, but finding tasty gluten-free soups in the stores isn’t always easy. Most canned soups are made with wheat flour or starch for thickening. And, even if there aren’t any gluten-containing ingredients listed on the label, you may worry about cross-contamination. Even so, it’s really nice to just open a can of soup to heat up for lunch. Here are some brands that have gluten-free soups that have worked for our family: Amy’s, Health Valley, and Progresso.
Of course, your best bet for ensuring your soups are gluten-free (and tastes to your liking!) is to make them yourself. Here are some great recipes for Gluten-Free Soups to try:
- Butternut Squash Apple Soup (GF, DF, Paleo, Vegan) at Elana’s Pantry
- Chicken and Dumplings (GF) at Simply Gluten-Free
- Chicken Apple Sausage, Kale, and Rice Soup at Mom’s Plans
- Chicken Enchilada Soup (GF) at Celiac Family
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup (GF) at Iowa Girl Eats
- Clam Chowder (GF) at Celiac Family
- Cream of Mushroom (or Chicken, or Potato) Soup at Gluten Free on a Shoestring
- Creamy (no cream!) Sweet Corn and Potato Chowder at Iowa Girl Eats
- Creepy Crawly Caterpillar Zucchini Soup at Gluten Free Easily
- Gumbo (GF) at Celiac Family
- Hamburger Soup (GF, DF) at Mom’s Plans
- Mexican Pumpkin Soup (GF, DF, Vegan) at Simply Gluten-Free
- Mushroom Asian Noodle Soup (GF, DF, Vegan) at Gluten Free Vegan Pantry
- Taco Soup (GF, DF) at The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- White, Chicken Chili (GF, DF) at Celiac Family
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, recipes, and ideas for eating gluten-free soups.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Chicken Apple Sausage, Roasted Potatoes, Salad
Tuesday – Hamburgers, Sweet Potato Fries, Roasted Broccoli
Wednesday – White Chicken Chili, Rice, Avocado
Thursday – Bacon Wrapped Chicken, Wild Rice Salad with Parmesan Dressing
Friday – Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo, Rice
Saturday – leftovers
Sunday – Clam Chowder, Garlic Toast
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Gluten Free Detroit Metro: Gluten-Free Menu
Amanda is making Italian Wedding Soup this week. She is also sharing her easy recipe for roasted veggies this week: potatoes, turnips, zucchini, yellow squash, etc. roasted in the oven sounds yummy. For the remainder of dinners this week, Amanda’s family will be eating Baked Chicken, Shredded Chicken Tacos, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Salmon and Green Beans, and Slow-Cooker pot roast and veggies.
Thanks for joining us this week. Join us again next week for more gluten-free menus, meals, and ideas for Transylvania Treats.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus, recipes, and ideas for Halloween Monster Menus and Transylvania Treats. 🙂
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.