I put this dinner together the other night while trying to clear the leftovers out of the refrigerator. It turned out so much better than I was expecting! Another quick and easy recipe that really doesn’t need directions, but sometimes we all need a little inspiration. For more dinner inspirations check out What’s For Dinner Wednesday at the Gluten-Free Homemaker.
Southwestern Chicken Salad
Mixed salad greens (I used a spring mix and baby spinach.)
Avocado, chopped (1/2 avocado per person)
Corn and Black Bean Salad (1/4 cup per person)
Slow-Cooked Mexican Chicken, shredded (1/2 cup per person)
Cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz. per person)
Black olives, sliced
Salsa or Spicy Ranch Dressing
- Place your mixed salad greens on the bottom of your salad bowl. Sprinkle the cilantro on top.
- Then add the chicken, corn and black bean salad, and avocado.
- Top with cheese and black olives.
- To finish it, use salsa or Spicy Ranch dressing.
- I was going to add some tortilla chips, but decided it really didn’t need it. It was filling enough (and tasty enough!) without chips.
- You may also want to add diced tomatoes and a little lime juice.