Visit Angela’s Kitchen for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup this week. She chose Strawberries as the theme. And the timing of it is perfect for me. I’ve gotten out of my smoothie-for-breakfast routine, and I keep thinking I need to get back to it. I find it’s always a great way to start my day — delicious, hydrating, and energizing.
So…this week, I’ll be starting my days with Banana Berry Smoothies. I like to use half a frozen banana, strawberries, blueberries, a handful of spinach, and pineapple juice. Sometimes I also add some almond milk for protein.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday — Eating Out, probably Red Robin. Have you tried their gluten-free buns? I usually go without a bun, but the rest of my family thinks the buns are great.
Tuesday – Grilled Steaks, Roasted Potatoes, Spinach Salad with Sliced Strawberries and Poppyseed Dressing
Thursday – Grilled Hamburgers, Sweet Potato Fries, Berry Fruit Salad
Friday – Fish Tacos served with Red Cabbage slaw and Tropical Black Bean Salad
Saturday – My husband keeps requesting Chicken Vindaloo, but I can’t find the curry paste for it in the stores. So, instead I’m trying Chicken with Patak’s Jalfrezi Curry Simmer Sauce. I’ll serve it with rice and green beans.
Sunday – leftovers
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, visit Angela’s Kitchen.
- Next week’s roundup will be at Gluten Free Goodness. The theme will be Garden Grown.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.