This month, Naomi at Straight Into Bed Cakefree and Dried, is hosting Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten Free! It’s a fun roundup of gluten-free recipes. The theme this month is Breakfast In Bed. How appropriate. It’s just in time to find some great ideas for Mother’s Day (May 9th in the US this year). I’m not exactly a “Breakfast in Bed” kind of girl, but I did think of a new recipe to share for breakfast. My mom made a great punch to go with our Easter brunch this year, and my dad decided to add it to some champagne. It was so wonderful, it inspired me to create my own champagne punch.
I knew I’d have to modify my mom’s recipe because I didn’t want a whole punch bowl filled with enough to serve a large party. (Without the champagne, this recipe makes a tropical juice punch that fills a 2-quart pitcher.) And while I was changing the recipe, I decided to change up some of the flavors, too. I think I’ll serve these Tropical Mimosas with my Banana Coffee Cake (regular and dairy-free) and Berry Fruit Salad. What an exquisite way to start the morning on Mother’s Day!
- Add all of the ingredients, except the champagne, to a 2-quart pitcher. Using an immersible blender, thoroughly blend the bananas and juice until frothy. (If you don’t have an immersible blender, just pour it all into a regular blender to mix it.)
- Fill a champagne flute half-way with champagne, then top with the juice.
- To garnish, try a fresh pineapple or mango slice. Enjoy!
- For a non-alcoholic version, add the punch to Ginger Ale instead of champagne.
- Or, for a smoothie, add a cup of yogurt to the juice and give it a whirl in the blender.
- The call for submissions to this month’s Go Ahead Honey It’s Gluten Free! – Breakfast in Bed
- Celiac Family’s recipe for Banana Coffee Cake – Gluten-Free
- Celiac Family’s recipe for Banana Coffee Cake – Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
- Celiac Family’s recipe for Berry Fruit Salad
- Celiac Family’s recipe for Eggs and Hash Browns Casserole