It’s Valentine Week. You didn’t forget about it, did you? Friday is Valentine’s Day, so if you don’t have a plan you might want to start preparing for Friday. I’m hosting the Gluten-Free Menu Swap this week, so be sure to check out the roundup below for more Valentine ideas.
This week, I’m making gluten-free/dairy-free/nut-free Heart-shaped Sugar Cookies for school celebrations. I’m also making Meringue Heart Cookies and Dairy-free Creme Brulee for the family to enjoy. For Valentine’s Day dinner, my kids get to enjoy their favorite Heart-Shaped Pizza, gluten-free of course.
My picks for Valentine treats this year are YummyEarth Organic Gummy Bears and Angie’s Tutti Frutti Popcorn and Vanilla Cupcake Popcorn, all conveniently packaged to give away to classmates and friends.
For more Valentine Treat ideas, visit our past roundup, or try some of these:
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Heart Candy
- Gluten-Free Valentine Candy List
- Brownie Pops Flower Bouquet to give to loved ones
- Heart-Shaped Pancakes are easy to make with a Pancake Pen or Heart-Shaped Pancake/Egg Rings.
- Use Heart Cookie Cutters to cut Fruit, Jell-o jiggers or Knox Blox, gluten-free brownies, or gluten-free crispy rice treats for a fun treat.
- Use your Cookie Press to make a big batch of Spritz Cookies.
- Chocolate Martinis, anyone?
Be sure to check out the Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup below, where there will be more gluten-free menus and ideas for Valentine’s Day Treats and Meals.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Eating out
Tuesday – Hamburgers, Sweet Potato Fries, Broccoli Salad
Thursday – leftovers
Valentine’s Day – Heart-Shaped Pizza, Spinach and Strawberry Salad
Saturday – Hamburger Stroganoff, Brussels Sprouts
Sunday – Bacon-wrapped Chicken Tenders, Red Potato and Green Bean Salad
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth has some fun plans for Valentine’s Day this year: Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Soft Sugar Cookies to Frost, and Valentine’s Day Eggs in Toast. For dinners this week, she’s planning Fish with Roasted Beets, Eggs with Banana Donuts, Cauli-power Alfredo, Bean Burritos, Cumin Lime Bean Quinoa Salad, Pizza, and more.
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Melissa’s family has a busy week and needs easy meals so they can watch the Olympics, too! This week, they will be enjoying Pork Chops, Tacos, Southwestern Soup, Lettuce-wrapped Hamburgers, Saucy Vegetable Beef Soup, Hamburger Soup, and Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili.
The Gluten Free Week: Gluten-Free
Lori is really heating things up in the kitchen this week! She is including as many aphrodisiacs in her meals as she can: pomegranates, basil, avocado, oysters, almonds, red wine, garlic, asparagus, honey, and chocolate. Honey Chicken, Love Potion Salad, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Almond Encrusted Halibut, Chicken and Oyster Gumbo, and Filet Mignon. Whoohoo, that’s a lot of lovin’.
The Peaceful Mom: Simple Gluten-Free Menu
Kimberlee’s menu this week starts with Black Bean Chicken Chili, Easy Hot Wings, and Chocolate Chip Pancakes. She finishes the week with Cheeseburgers, Chicken Enchiladas, and Taco Bowls. Check out her full menu to get all the recipe links and ideas for breakfast and lunch, too.
Thanks for joining us this week. Join us again next week at GlutenFreeWeek.com for more gluten-free menus and ideas for Kid-Friendly meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us again next week at GlutenFreeWeek.com for more gluten-free menus and ideas for Kid-Friendly meals.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.